Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Reading Star!!

That's right, Bella is a Reading Champion! She completed the summer reading program at our local library (12 hours of reading) and we are so proud of her. She got her pennant and a free ticket to an amusement park. Go Bella!

I've mentioned several times lately how much Bella loves reading and how thankful I am for that. She actually reads her books more than she plays with her dolls and toys these days. Today she read books by herself for almost an hour and a half while I folded laundry, picked up around the house and cooked dinner. Oh yeah, she also read for an hour this morning, while I slept on the couch next to her (I stayed up way too late last night and she was up at 7am, I needed more sleep:). Yesterday she read for an hour on our new couch while I prepared food for dinner and got ready for church. She actually prefers to read by herself a lot of the time and will often times say, "no thanks" when I ask her if she wants me to read to her. She listens very carefully when we read to her, then when I hear her reading those same books to herself I hear specific words that we had read to her. Ahhh, the joy of parenting! She is so precious!

Oh, she also likes to act out scenes from her favorite books. She had been asking to bob for apples like in one of her books, so last night after dinner she did! It was a toddler version of bobbing for apples and she absolutely LOVED it!

Bella will read anywhere. Here she is on our front porch with one of her favorite books in hand.

No comments: