Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bunny Rescue

This morning as David was in his office (aka basement) working at his desk he looked up and saw a tiny helpless baby bunny that had fallen into the window well. He was thinking like his animal-loving wife and popped off the screen to give it some lettuce and a small dish of water. Then he took a picture and sent me a text message. I couldn't believe it, it was sooo tiny, a little smaller than a tennis ball! After I got home, we looked up some info. on the internet to find out the best approach to save the little bunny. Then as I turned to go upstairs something told me to look in our other window well and it was then that I saw ANOTHER baby bunny! Our bunny rescue X2 began. Thankfully both of the sweet little guys were pretty mobile even after their 4ft. fall into the window well. As of early this evening, one of the bunnies was still hanging out near the fence in our backyard, where we let them go. Hopefully they'll both find their mommy tonight!










2 comments:

Stefany Gess said...

So cute, yeah for the bunny rescue.

David said...

Little did I realize how soon afterward I would be able to relive the experience, and how much easier it is the second time around. I can't wait for your "Bunny rescue part 2" post...