Wednesday, July 02, 2008

2 Year Check Up

Yesterday, I took Isabella for her 2 year old check up. We had been preparing for the day by reading one of her favorite books, "Check Up Time, Elmo". I really wasn't sure how the day would go since it had been several months since she had last been to the doctor (Thankfully she's been very healthy) and she was not anywhere near as talkative and understanding of her environment as she is now. Well, she did GREAT! When the doctor asked her if she knew where her heart is Bella said, "right here" while pointing to her heart. Bella just sat there with the cutest look on her face when the doctor listened to her heart. She did cry when she had to lay on the table for the doctor to examine her tummy, but she wasn't crying because of the doctor. She was crying because she has a really tough time laying flat on her back on any flat surface, especially those changing tables in public restrooms. She says, "I fall" and she actually shakes with fear. The doctor told me that they recently did a study on kids who were born prematurely (Bella was 4 weeks early) and it showed that a lot of them have that sense that they are going to fall. I feel bad for her because she is truly very scared. When I'm out I try to change her while she is standing up in a bathroom stall, but I can't do that if it's a twosie. I change her on the ground at home and even then, she sometimes is afraid of falling. Poor girl, I guess it's something that she'll probably grow out of. Anyways, she was such a superstar patient. She was only due for one shot and she only cried for a few seconds. Isabella was so excited to get a sticker and to pick a toy from the treasure box.

The STATS from the appointment: wght: 22 lbs. hgt: 35in. She's 3% on the charts for weight and 66% for height. So, she's still small and petite, but she moved up from 2% at her 18 mo. check up. The doctor said to go back to giving her whole milk (I switched over to 2% milk when she turned 2, since that's what all the experts advise) and give her Carnation Instant Breakfast 3 times/day. We've only been giving her that once a day. I'm really not too concerned about her weight because she has gained, but very slowly. Besides, she's such an active girl and loves to eat fruit, it's no wonder she doesn't gain much weight.


Bella was excited to put on this gown with puppies on it!

All tuckered out on the way home from a not-so-fun morning at the doctor's office!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am from Taiwan.
I came across your blog because the lovely photos caught my attention, then I had a chance to read your blog entries.
Isabella is a lovely girl.
I will drop by again when I am free.

Have a nice day. :-D