Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Affectionate Phrases

Since Isabella is talking so much more and so clearly these days, she is so willing and able to respond to us when we tell her "I love you". She does respond, but most of the time she responds with "I Miss You". She'll also initiate the affection by telling us "I Miss You" when she wakes up in the morning, after a nap, or at any other random moment of the day. She'll also tell her doll, stuffed panda and favorite blankies, "I miss you", when she sees them after being away from them for any length of time. She's hilarious! She'll also say "Thank you mommy for my cereal (or whatever food I've given her), I miss you" when I put her plate on her highchair tray at mealtimes. I believe she picked up more on the "miss you" phrase because that's what we tell her when we've been gone and come home to her and we've talked about missing our family and friends in CA. She is starting to say " I Love You" more now with some slight prompting. Either way, it melts our hearts to hear her express her love and I just love how appreciative she is at such a young age. I Love You, I Miss You, Isabella!

3 comments:

Stefany Gess said...

How cute and what memories these little phrases will make. I can't wait to hear Luke say that. Now when I say Mama loves Luke he always gets a huge smile. I think he may know a little of what that means. Oh, to have a mind like a child. I love it.

Ana said...

Oh that is so cute!!The things they say are so special and so sweet at this young age!

Ana said...

Oh that is so cute!1The things they say are so sweet at this young age!