Monday, October 13, 2008

More of the Things She Says II

Isabella is saying more and more things everyday. Sometimes I feel like she’s a teenager and not a toddler with some of the things she says and how she expresses her feelings so clearly.

Here are a few things she's said recently:

** The other night at a birthday party while the birthday boy was opening his gifts, Bella asked me (with tears in her eyes) where her gift was. I had seen the party favor bags on the table so I told her that she’d be getting a gift too. When she got her party bag and before she even opened it up she said, “This is the best birthday party present ever!” She's so appreciative!

**Isabella always plays with a cup and spoon in the bathtub. Usually she feeds her bath doll and pretends to make tea or coffee. The other night while I was rinsing her hair and she was stirring her cup of water she said, “Mommy, be careful not to spill my glass of wine.” I’ll admit to my nightly glass of wine with dinner:)

**Yesterday morning she noticed that I had painted my nails the night before and said, “Oh my goodness. It’s amazing Mommy! Your fingernails are black.” I had painted them a deep, dark red color.

**Lately when I call her away from playing to eat or take a bath or something she’ll often respond, “I’m busy reading right now” or “In a minute”. She is usually reading since that’s her favorite pastime, but I know she got the “in a minute” part from me.

**When she’s having a tough time with a puzzle piece fitting in correctly or dressing a doll, she’ll say, “I’m frust-er-ated”. I’m happy when I hear her say this because it’s something we’ve been working on expressing.

** This morning while I was in the kitchen and Bella was in the living room I heard a light tapping sound and I asked her, “Bella, are you touching mommy’s vase on the coffee table?” She answered back, “No mommy, Sleeping Beauty is touching it.” I went in there to see her holding her doll’s hand to the vase. Pretty smooth move Bella! We had a little talk after that, she knows not to touch my vase.

No comments: