Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tiny Dancer

Isabella had her first ever ballet class today and I think she's a natural! Of course I'm her mom, but she really did great at following the instructions from her teacher! The minute we went into the studio Bella starting walking around on her "ballerina toes". She loved it! It was "Mom & Tot" dance class so I was right there with her to guide her when she needed it, but I mostly sat back, took pictures, watched these adorable little girls and cracked up laughing with the other moms. Bella already showed daddy some of her new moves and is already looking forward to going back next week. Here are some of the pics (Bella's in the black leotard):



















P.S. I also had a class today! It was a one on one sewing class here at home while Bella napped. A gift from David after I had a curtain sewing catastrophe last week that ended in a few words I don't normally say and some tears:( I learned a lot and am looking forward to next week's lesson. It's worth every penny to have someone come here into the comfort of my own home in my own sewing room while Bella is napping and have that time for myself. I've made several things by hand in the past, like all of Bella's crib bedding, a quilt, some curtains that weren't crooked, some that were, but I've just kind of taught myself, so it's great to finally learn more about what I can do right on my sewing machine. Next big project: Bella's twin bed quilt!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so precious!!!

Cindy said...

All together now, "Awwwww!"

Stefany Gess said...

I love the pictures. She will make a perfect ballerina and I loved the demonstration tonight. You are too funny with your sewing catastrophe, that is something I have never dared to try.

Ana said...

Sewing is so wonderful, it's so fun to make things especially for your children.I really appreciated Derek for teaching me ..you'll do great!Bella is soooo cute in her BLACK leotard ,she looks like she's having so much fun!Lovin it!