Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rain, Butterflies, Tarantulas, and Pho


This past weekend we had rain and thunderstorms for 3 days. While we were thankful for some free watering on the grass, our plans for the weekend to visit Rocky Mountain National Park were rained out. Instead, we visited the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver. Bella enjoyed it all and was even brave enough to let a tarantula crawl on her hand! She got a sticker that said "I held Rosie (the tarantula)" that she
proudly wore all day. Go Bella! I must admit that I did not touch the spider nor have any desire to ever do so:)

We had some fun watching Bella play and sing in the rain with her Elmo umbrella that she couldn't wait to use.






The last picture here is Bella eating her first bowl of Pho, Vietnamese chicken noodle soup. The rainy, cold weather called for a 30min. drive to the closest Pho restaurant on Friday night. It was well worth the trip, we love Pho!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! The last picture is sooooo cute. I love reading all about all the fun things you three do:)

Stefany Gess said...

How fun, I am getting so many great ideas from your adventures. Bella is so beautiful. Can't wait ot hang out again next week.

Cindy said...

That's my problem...I didn't handle tarantulas at age 2...that's why I hate spiders!