Friday, June 20, 2008

Spring or Summer Cleaning

So now that we have the house we need some more furniture. We went from 800 sq. ft. of living space to 2,500 sq. ft. We did buy some furniture from Ikea (one of the two stores I miss the most, Trader Joe's being the other) before we left CA, but we could only fit so much into the moving truck, so we mainly bought master bedroom furniture, Isabella's bed and a few other small items. The closest Ikea is in Salt Lake City so it looks like we'll be getting some non-Ikea furniture for our now empty living and dining rooms, but the good news is that we have a huge furniture store nearby and although it's not Ikea, it has some potential future purchases. There's a dining room set that I found there that's exactly what I want, but as you know a whole dining room set is not cheap and I really want to avoid putting it on the credit card. So, I'm spring cleaning the house. As I've unpacked things, twice in one month, I really got a chance to see EVERYTHING we own and I really want to slim down. When I unpacked, I immediately put things into boxes in the garage that I knew we didn't want or need, then I had a garage sale last week and made over $500, that's right!! Fridays are big days for garage sales here believe it or not and I made most of the money that day and only a little more on Saturday morning. I'm also selling anything I can think of that we don't have a use for or just don't need on Craigs List. It's great! I sold our moving boxes today for $30 and I didn't have to do any work or pay any seller's fees like on eBay. Each day I'm a little closer to getting that dining room set, my goal is to have it by Thanksgiving, but I think we'll have it before then especially after I sell our extra washer/dryer (the previous homeowners left theirs' and we had just bought a set). Then I'll work on furnishing the living room.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the pink!!!! So super cute. The picture of your family is beautiful!