Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pretending

It's so amazing to me how much Bella has grown in just the past couple of weeks. I guess it's pretty common for 2 year olds to flourish at this time in their lives as they are taking in the world around them and really starting to understand it. One of the things that Bella has really taken to is pretend play. This morning as I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes (from very yummy french toast) I heard her say, "I'm going to California" as she pretended to drive off on her little ride-on toy car. She did this several times after returning to gather more items from her play kitchen to bring with her on her "car". She is also good at pretending to drink tea and makes slurping sounds. Bella also loves to give her baby dolls pretend baths. She has the cleanest babies in town, some of them get "bathed" multiple times a day.

No comments: