Thursday, June 26, 2008

Park, Strawberry Shortcake, and Thunder

It was a hot day today, but the wonderful thing about CO is that it is not humid here. Before we left on our walk to the park this morning, I covered both Bella and myself in SPF 50 sunscreen, but after about 20 minutes at the park I felt like I was getting sunburned. Since we are so high up here, 6,200 ft, the sun is very powerful. I really try to be careful about protecting our skin more since being here than I did while living in CA. I'll be purchasing the new SPF 80 sunscreen very soon. We had fun at the park, then walked over to WalMart (a 10 min. walk from our house) to eat lunch at Subway, then to pick up a few things. When we left the store, the sky was gray and the wind was blowing, that's how it is here. It can be hot and sunny one minute and cooler and rainy ten minutes later. Not much else new here in CO, except I'm really trying to make more of an effort to meet people. Isabella really misses her friends in CA and loves playing with other kids. We can be out anywhere and she will spot every kid around to wave to, say "hi", run after, or say "come here girl/boy". She is in definite need of some play time with kids her age. So, we're really looking forward to a play date we have scheduled with some new friends from church for tomorrow. I feel guilty for spending a lot of time getting our house together and not getting out more to meet people, but now that Bella does so well playing on her own for long periods of time it's easy for me to forget that she still needs the interaction.

Here are a few pics from today:

Peaking through at the park.

Debating on going down the hot slide.

Our after-dinner stroll would not be complete without bringing
Strawberry Shortcake baby (Bella's new FAVORITE).

Bella set this pose up on her own with Shortcake, how cute!

Sunset and Thunder clouds from our back patio.

Same as above pic, but 5 min. later. . . . then we went inside when we saw the lightening, heard the thunder, even though Bella was not afraid, it's me who still holds onto my childhood fear of thunder storms.

1 comment:

David said...

Great post, and your new blog design looks great too! Good Work!