Friday, September 26, 2008

Potty Update

I haven't mentioned much about potty-training lately because we haven't really been "training". We've just been getting Bella excited about actually sitting on the potty. A while back, when she was around 19 months old, she actually did onesies and twosies on the potty, but I thought she was a little young to push the training. Then she wasn't too keen on the idea of actually sitting on the potty for more than 2 seconds. Now that I've put a basket of books next to her potty, she's happy to sit on it before her bath, when she wakes up in the morning and after naps. This last week was a 5 Star week for Isabella! She peed on the potty almost every time she sat on it. After one of her baths last weekend she even announced her need to go pee and we ran from one bathroom to the other with the potty in it and she went!! It's been an M&M filled week! Tonight takes the cake. It was bathtime, so I undressed her downstairs and told her to go up and sit on her potty and that I would be right there. Well, in the midst of gathering up laundry, toys, sippy cups, etc. I took a couple minutes longer. Then I heard her calling for me and as I went up the stairs she was standing just outside of the bathroom holding the bowl from her potty, which had A Lot of pee in it. She told me "I dump it, mommy." She was trying to dump it into the big potty, but the lid was down. That's my independent girl! Go Bella! Good thing we didn't end up with pee on the carpet and Bella got one more M&M for the night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Go Bella!!! We had the "panty fairy" come to our house and bring Brooke really pretty panties. I guess it did the trick she was trained in like a day....however she was three!!!:)

Stefany Gess said...

Yeah for big girl potty. She is such a sweetheart with her little phrases. I am glad you are feeling better