Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sinus Troubles

So, I've had a very bad sinus cold/infection this week and let me tell you, it's been a rough week. It's hard to get out of bed when I feel this bad, let alone care for my 2 year old, our home, etc. Isabella has been wonderful, though, and even went on an outing to the library with our neighbor friends while I stayed home in bed. I haven't gone to the doctor because I know they probably won't give me an antibiotic (our doctors are pretty apprehensive about handing out antibiotics for every illness and justly so). I've resorted to some other at-home remedies like my facial steamer, drinking lots of fluids, decongestant, antihistamine, ibuprofen, and my new favorite Sinus Rinse. I have to admit I was a little scared to use this thing, the thought of it grossed me out a bit. I even had David stand next to me in the bathroom and read the instructions step-by-step out loud while I did the first rinse. Then to my amazement, it worked! I felt so much better after the rinse. Ok, I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but really it's great. I've used it 2-3 times a day since we got it 3 days ago. It says it's great for allergies, sinus trouble, etc. Check it out here: Sinus Rinse. We got it at Costco, it comes 2 for the price of 1 there. This is one of those things that I never knew what I was missing until I tried it!

No comments: