Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why Watermark?

I was thinking that some readers may wonder why I use watermark on my photos . Well, the answer is somewhat simple, I want to do what I can to avoid another round of cyber-identity theft. That's right, we were once the victims of cyber-identity theft and it was a very scary thing to go through. Some freak stole photos of my daughter and used them on several mommy websites and she even created her own website pretending that Bella was her daughter. At the time we didn't have the means to go to the full extent of the law, but now we do. So, if there are any freaks lurking around on my blog, don't even think about it! And to all of my fellow bloggers out there, please do what you can to protect your family from cyber-identity theft, it happens way too often out there in this huge internet world. Believe me, you don't want to go through it. Use watermark, don't mention any last names, you could even use fictitious names or nicknames, don't ever show your address in any photos or profiles, etc. For those of you who are already taking steps to maintain your privacy and protect yourselves and families on the internet, good for you!

Another fun day at the park!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now tell me what you REALLY think!! lol.

Cute pictures of a cute girl. Reminds me of the tens of thousands of our first "baby" and the only thousands we have of the last. Man! I better get cracking to take more of Miss M's cuteness before it is all gone forever.

How are you adjusting to CO life, Mom? Saw Dad on Sunday racing out to the rental car, but we got a thumbs up from him. Now I want it "Straight from her"!
Cheryl