Monday, April 21, 2008

Comfort and Sunshine

Before we moved to Colorado 3 weeks ago, Isabella's crib was still in our bedroom. Now that we have more space and an additional room that we didn't have in California, she now has her very own bedroom and she really enjoys her own space. I have to admit that I got up and checked on her several times during the first night that she was sleeping in her room away from us. I made sure she was covered, that she wasn't too hot, and just looked in on her peaceful face. David and I both commented that we missed not hearing her breath or her saying, "doggy" or laughing, in her sleep, but we know she's safe and content in her own room 10 feet away. No matter what, it's still not the same as it was for 23 months of her sleeping within arm's reach of me and often times in bed with us. Yes, we are proponents for co-sleeping and I still am that's why when David is out of town, I bring Bella into bed with me when I go to bed. She's just so warm and cuddly even with her legs randomly draped across me, and there's nothing like being greeted first thing in the morning to my almost 2-year old saying to me, "Hi Sunshine!". Some people would say I'm selfish for bringing Isabella into our bed, but Dr. Sears would be proud.

No comments: