Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More Sunny Days

We haven't had snow in a week now, so we've been enjoying the great outdoors with the warm, beautiful sunshine. There are so many great parks around here. I think we could make our rounds going to a new park every day for 2 weeks. Today we went to Isabella's first storytime at the library. It was very engaging for Isabella and the other children. The lady not only read books, but also lead the kids in fun songs and the kids were able to use some little musical instruments. After storytime, we signed up for our first Colorado library card and Bella picked out a Sesame Street DVD to borrow. I was trying to encourage her to get a book, but I guess she figures that we have a whole bookcase of books at home. Next time, we'll avoid the DVD section and go straight to the books. Isabella does love books and lately she has preferred to "read" them on her own. She points to various objects on the pages, names them, turns the pages, then announces very clearly, "All done". She'll usually let me read to her every night before bed, though. Well, I have some work to do before bed, so I'll leave you with some photos from the past couple of days: A sunny, warm, and fun day at the park.


Isabella was so excited to eat this big chocolate chip cookie during the fellowship time after church and she looked so cute in her brown and pink polka dot dress with her coordinating hair bow.

I took this picture of Pike's Peak from the road near our house today. I decided to keep driving while Bella napped in the car after our trip to the library and Target. It was a little hazy today, so it wasn't the clearest view I've seen, but it still is a very impressive mountain standing at 14,100 ft above sea level.

1 comment:

David said...

I love storytime!