Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life is Precious

I recently came across a family's blog whose story has really touched me. You can visit their blog to read the full story: The Whitt Family

The short story is that their 2 year old daughter, named Tuesday, just passed away yesterday, after a short battle with cancer. Tuesday is survived by her twin sister, brothers, and parents. This is just so very touching and really reminds me how precious life is and how tragedy can strike anybody at anytime. While I am still grieving the recent loss of my father, I just could not even begin to imagine the pain of mourning the loss of a young child, let alone my own. It has really made me think about really reaching out and doing anything I can to help this family while they grieve. It also has made me realize that I need to cherish every moment I possibly can with Isabella. We need to cherish life and do our best to honor our families and not take things for granted.

It turns out this family lives very close to us and they have sent out an open invitation to Tuesday's Celebration of Life service next Saturday. I am planning on going, and if you live in the area, I encourage you to go as well. For now, we are praying for God's comfort and for Him to give the Whitt family strength to get through each day.

No comments: