Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinosaur Poop and More Fun Things

Isbella has blossomed, right before our very eyes, into a little girl. She is not a toddler anymore, she's a sweet little girl, but she really prefers to be called a big girl. She continues to amaze us everyday with the things she says, the stories she can tell, her love of reading, her creativity, her compassion and understanding, her love of a "bright, sunny morning" and her overall joyful love and exuberance for life. She's been teaching us how to live life!

Today, we had planned on going to the zoo since it was a free admission day, the weather forecast said 60 Degrees and sunny, and because I wanted to do something special with Bella since the last few weeks I've been a bit of a downer. That plan got vetoed after driving around looking for a parking spot for 20 minutes that was not a mile away from the zoo. I was trying to come up with an alternative plan to offer to Bella (she was so excited about seeing the animals at the zoo), then I found a parking spot right in the front row of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. When Bella saw the sign (without me even saying one word) she said excitedly, "Yeah, the museum. Please may I see the dinosaurs?" Problem solved. Although it wasn't a free day at the museum, it was so worth the $11 to avoid the over-crowded zoo. We had a great time and Isabella was very appreciative for our special outing and time together. It lifted my spirit today too, especially when Bella asked one of the museum volunteers, "Please may I touch the dinosaur poop?" That's my girl! I appreciate how well-rounded she is!


Isabella, my sweet little lady, cautiously holding the dinosaur poop. I was surprised how small it was considering that it came from a ginormous dinosaur, but then the museum guy explained about their low-fiber diet.

That is not the dinosaur that the poop came from, he was much bigger and suspended from the ceiling.

Bella loves the "Discovery Area" in the museum which is all hands-on stuff.

So much fun!!

No comments: