Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CA Trip

We were able to visit my mom in CA with David 2 weeks ago. It was the first time I'd been back since my dad's funeral so I expected it to be somewhat of an emotional trip for me. Bella was really looking forward to the trip, especially Disneyland. We talked about Grandpa being in Heaven again before we left for CA because I knew Bella would ask about him once we got there and she saw his chair and other stuff. She's an amazing little girl and understands so much that sometimes I underestimate her. On about the 4th day there, my mom was walking with her walker while Bella and I were eating breakfast and Bella noticed my mom getting teary eyed when she walked by my dad's recliner chair. Bella first asked "why is Grandma sad?" I told her that Grandma misses Grandpa. Then Bella said, "Grandpa was sick, he went to the hospital, now he's in heaven."

Overall it was a tiring trip for me filled with emotional times, worrying about my mom, sinus problems for me, Bella caught a cold, but of course we still enjoyed our time with family and friends.

Bella LOVING "It's A Small World" ride at D-Land!


Striking a pose!

My Favorite pic.!

Bella, Connor, and Phoebe together after riding the Winnie the Pooh ride.


And now. . . . . Home Sweet Home:)

No comments: