Friday, August 26, 2005

One Person's Trash Is Another's Treasure

Since I've done some heavy summer cleaning, I've recently begun selling random things on ebay. It was so easy to get started and now there's no stopping. I have my system down now starting with taking digital photos of each item, putting the items up for auction, then printing the shipping label with the postage on it and dropping the packages off at the Post Office or FedEx. I started by selling some Madame Alexander Dolls that have been sitting in their original boxes and unplayed with for the last 16 or so years. I've also sold a 3-year old digital camera, some name-brand jeans, and some old Disney memorabilia. There are billions of people out there willing to buy just about anything. Now, it's like I'm looking for things to sell around the house that we don't truly need. It's not only the thrill of seeing the money come into my Paypal account, but also the satisfaction of getting rid of stuff that I know I'm not going to use. Like the saying goes: One person's trash is another's treasure!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

David said...

Blog spam must be stopped! These people are a scourge! Write more about your latest ebay transactions, such as the cracked winnie-the-pooh that sold for a c-note!

Anonymous said...

The best source for hard to find and specialty gardening products!

David said...

These despicable blog-spammers keep going! I cannot belive that people actually fall for these offers. Time to change your settings. The world waits for more entries from you - keep them posted on your crafty activities!

Tonya said...

Hi I'm new to your blog! I just found it through a message you post on another blog that i frequent... I have never actually sold anything on ebay but I hear it really becomes addicting!! Hope you had a load of money rolling in!!